Monday, April 4, 2011

Sweet Stop Sketch #102

I got a few more new Peddlers Pack stamps to play with over the weekend. Its so much fun to go into the store and pick out stamps I want to play with.
This is a pretty butterfly. I found the yellow ds paper at Paper Zone also. It is by Making Memories Dilly Dally line. I love that name. The papers are so pretty. They are so springy. For the background on the yellow, I stamped the butterfly with So Saffron on the barely banana cardstock.  Its covered up quite a bit but it makes a very nice background. It would probably show up alot more if it was embossed but A. I am planning on making about 20 of these and dont want the extra work and B. its so hard to get your layers to stick over embossed images.
So I colored the image with copic markers and then outlined the butterfly and did his body in Diamond Stickles. The yellow ribbon was a new find at Peddlers Pack also. They have a Great selection of ribbons. This ribbon is from May Arts, I think is the name and it came in about 5 colors. I had to settle on three but I will get the other two colors next visit. Its a little bit wider than I like. But just a little bit.
I added the flowers also because of the sketch but I think they really add to the card. Whenever I am working with butterflies or anything with wings I should check the Flutterby Wednesday challenge because I would have just needed one button to qualify for it also. But I already took the picture so oh well.
So my card is for the sketch at The Sweet Stop. So if you like the way my card is laid out go check out the other cards that people made with this sketch.
Happy Stamping!
Stamper Gyrl!

No comments:

Post a Comment