Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thinking of You!

                                                                                                                                                                  Over at Art Impressions blog, they are having an extra contest this week in honor of Operation Write Home. They are joining up with them and encouraging everyone to make a card or cards to send to the troops. The theme is Thinking of you. So if you have any extra cards or want to make some for them you can either send them to OWH or AI.
I have made my thinking of you card for today with the Watercolor Series stamps found at AI. I had completely forgotten about the guidlines for OWH but then after reading them I realized I did qualify for them, especially since I forgot my glitter. You know my motto, Everything is better with glitter, Just like Chocolate!
Here is my card for this contest:

I think it turned out very bright and cheery for a thinking of you card. I had all these little watercolor stamps for years. It was fun to pull them out and use them again. I didnt even pull out the watercolor paper for them. I just stamped them on cream cardstock, (not sure why I used cream!) and then I stamped the watering can and colored it with copic markers. Then used my SU markers right on the stamps to stamp the flowers. The ds paper is from Doodlebug. I just love this paper. You can see just a hint of the yellow behind the yellow ribbon which is the backside of this paper.
So head on over to Owh or AI and find out all the deets about donating your cards for the soldiers!
Happy Stamping!
Stamper Gyrl!

No comments:

Post a Comment