Sunday, May 27, 2012

Magnolias Dragon


Its time for another year of calenders (I think I mentioned that already) but anyway this is my calender for October and a card to match. This cute little dragon is from Magnolia and so is the dragonfly die. I had to put dragonflies on it to match the dragon right? Bulls have bullflies and dragons have dragonflies. Anyway, I colored the image with copic markers. I cut out the dragonfly dies with white cardstock and then colored them witht the same colors as the dragon. I added glitter to the dragon and his flies. Since it is for October I went with a spiderweb border from Martha Stewart. I am sure there are lots of spiders and cobwebs in the cave where he lives. I used some ds papers. The top one looks like it has eyes in the design and the bottom one is from a SeaShell line and reminds me of the sea. I dont know if this is a seadragon or not. Then I used Spellbinder oval dies and ran them thru the cuttlebug with a bubble like embossing folder in case he is a sea dragon.
On the card it looked a little empty where the calender went so I added a sentiment with some stampin up punches. I think this guy looks a little sad so I went with a thinking of you sentiment. That way if I want to give it to someone I could put a lot of diffent senitments on the inside.
I have entered my card/calender in the challenge at Creative Inspiration anything goes.
Happy Stamping!
Stamper Gyrl!

No comments:

Post a Comment