Sunday, June 6, 2010

OCLDT16




Here is my sketch challenge for Our Craft Lounge. They draw a winner at the end of each month from all the entries. If you use one of their stamp sets you are eligible. I only have two sets tho. Last time I used a stamped image of a friends (thanks, Joyce) when we were stamping awhile back. So I guess that means I will have to order another one from them. Lucky for me I just got a togo kit order in the mail today. Maybe I will use that money for the one OCL set I have been wanting.
For this card I used their Fueled by Caffeine set. It has some great sayings if you have any coffee drinking friends.
I love the yellow and blue together. I had the su retired Ivy stamp still out from the earlier card I had made so for the background I stamped it in Brilliant Blue on So saffron cardstock. Then I used the blue and yellow gingham. The blue gingham I got at a craft day my sister had at her work. Everyone brought things they wanted to get rid of and just took what they wanted. Of course both my sister and I wanted the blue gingham but there was a whole pack so I think we each got 9 12 x 12 sheets. So we got quite a bit. The yellow is still from The Girls Paperie papers. I got them from two peas in a bucket. I sure love those papers.
Speaking of those papers, I was going to make up a bunch of the cards I did for the taylored expressions sketch challenge earlier this weekend and was out of the paper I had used. So I substituted if with these papers also and it turned out really neat. I will take pictures and post them later this week. I even liked them better than the original.
Anyways, back to the card. I stamped the coffee pot and cup with Mementos Tuxedo Black and them colored them with copic markers and then put diamond glaze over them to make them look like ceramic. I ran them and the so saffron layer thru the cuttlebug with my rectangle nesties. The little saying at the top was with the rectangle nesties also with one of the sentiments from same set and layered with brilliant blue cardstock.
I had to add a ribbon to the card. Not part of the sketch but you cant go wrong adding ribbon right? My sister used to always say (probably still does) it needs ribbon.
Happy Stamping!
Stamper Gyrl!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! Love that paper too! Thanks for playing along this week Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love blue and yellow together, and yes, I do still think that EVERYTHING needs ribbon. :)

    ReplyDelete