Friday, June 1, 2018

Abstract Impressions!




Yeah! The new catalog goes live today! I cant wait to order this afternoon!!
I was browsing thru Pinterest yesterday looking for some samples with the Abstract Impressions stamp set. I found a fun video you can check out by Jaimie . She makes this card three times from simple, to a little more involved adding dimensions and layers.
This is my version of it. I used the Wood Textures Designer Papers and ran it thru with the Pine Wood Planks Embossing Folder for some texture. I am using Lovely Lipstick cardstock. For the image I used the Abstract Impressions stamp set. This is a fun stamp set that is Photopolymer. I love it. It is a very similar version to one stampin up used to have. 
I found a fun color combo for it. I added two colors that Jaimie didn't use. I have stamped the colors and shown them. They are Flirty Flamingo, which has gone from an In color to a permanent color in the Brights Family, Poppy Parade which also a returning color and one of the new In Colors for this year Lovely Lipstick. What I didn't show on my sample is I also added Real Red to my flowers. I have used a new doily cut in half across the bottom and added a ribbon and bow with the new Lovely Lipstick ribbon. The greeting "Birthday Wishes" is from the new Varied Vases stamp set. My greens for the stems are returning Coastal Cabana and a new In Color Call Me Clover!
This was a really fun card to make. Sometimes its fun to just get back to the basics of stamping!!
Happy Stamping!
Stamper Gyrl!

No comments:

Post a Comment