Sunday, February 28, 2010

Coffee & Donuts

This card was done using a Hero Arts set. I had seen a card I liked using this set at a local store and was trying to imitate it but didnt like how it was turning out. So I threw everything away and started fresh with totally different supplies. I really liked how it turned out. I was asked at stamp club why the coffee cup was pink. I said it had to match the card. Then I said if there was a coffee shop that served coffee in pink cups like this I would probably start drinking coffee.
I pulled out the basic grey papers again. This is from the lemonade collection. (I just love basic grey papers for some reason.) For the cardstock I used (I think) stampin up Pink Passion.
For the flowers I used a martha stewart flower punch with pretty in pink and pink passion. I used a great impression stamp on the lighter flower to give it a little more dimension and added the pink rhinestone. Of course I had to use my nestibilities for some nice shape. The donut was stamped on creamy caramel cardstock and then the frosting was colored with a dark brown copic marker and diamond glazed and glittered with the chunky sugar glitter. I thought the doilie gave it a more girly look. Everything was stamped with PTI Dark Chocolate Ink.
I am off to attempt to do calligraphy homework today after finishing my togo kits for stamp club.
We have to have a rough draft of our book done next week in class with thumbnails and right now my mind is a completely blank. ( I know, what else is new!!)
Happy Stamping!
Stamper Gyrl!

No comments:

Post a Comment