Sunday, May 30, 2010

Princess Magnolia!/Flutter by Wednesdays Craft Challenge #111

I made this with one of my new magnolias from the Fairytale Collection. I had to look long and hard to find her in stock somewhere. She came all the way from the UK. It took less than two weeks but the exchange rate for the $$ was terrible. I hope to not do that again.I think she is adorable.
Anyway onto the details. I thought this flowered paper was perfect for her. It is sleepy time by Daisyd's. The little angel at the top is like her fairy princess to make all her dreams come true. She is from the same fairytale line. So inside the card she is granting her a wish. May all your dreams come true. I couldnt figure out what to put on the inside and as I was stamping with a friend she mentioned something about dreams coming true so that reminded me of this sentiment by Inkadinkado that I had. I had also recently purchased these roses the other night and some glimmer mist from Making Memories, its called Iridescent Memories Mist. I sprayed it on the pink roses to make them shimmery and it turned out really pretty.
This is my first easel card. I dont know how this will fit in an envelope to send anywhere. I guess I will have to put it in a bubble envelope and get one of those little table looking things that come in pizza boxes. I also added some clear pearls and white netting. For the little fairy princess on top I had put some white pearly smooches on her dress and then glittered her wings. When I glittered her wings the glitter stuck to her dress also because the smooch was still wet. That stuff takes forever to dry. So she is very sparkly. I used the white smooch on the princess's dress also to add some shimmer to it but it doesnt show up very well. All in all I really like how this card turned out.
I am on a magnolia craze lately. I even made a special pink and black magnolia notebook I picked up at Target so they would have a special place to live.
I also entered this card in the Flutter by Wednesday's Craft Challenge #111. It had to be something with wings like angel or fairy.
Happy stamping!
Stamper Gyrl!











No comments:

Post a Comment