Friday, December 10, 2010

Fisherman Card & Blog Challenge!

Man Card
My hubby asked me at about 6pm tonight if I had a card for his friends birthday who he is having breakfast with tomorrow morning at 8am. I dont make man cards very ofter so I am scrabbling for something. Then I think digital stamps. I love digital stamps. At first I didnt like them and said no way. But how else can you go looking for a stamp without leaving home and pay only a few dollars. So I went looking and found this one. My hubbys friend takes people out fishing on the weekends for some extra cash so we thought this was perfect for him. I found this cute stamp at Stitchy Bears. They have some really cute stamps. The sentiment is from a Stampin Up set called Polar Pals. I had bought that set for another fisherman I know.  I thought the Cuttlebug embossing folder with the bubbles was approriate since fisherman are on the water. I colored him with copic markers and used my glitter pens in a few places, like his glasses, belt buckle and part of his fishing pole. Also I added a few dew drops.
So after I made this card I hopped over to the blog challenge over at Stitchy Bears and saw that their challenge this week is Old Stash New Stash. So I thought this was perfect since my digital stamp from them is new and my set from Stampin Up is really old. So go check them out!!
Happy Stamping !
Stamper Gyrl!

2 comments:

  1. A fabulous card - your husband's friend will love it!

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sentiment, made me smile!! Thanks for joining our old stash / new stash challenge at OSAAT this week and good luck, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete