Thursday, July 30, 2015

Brayering!




Here is some more of the technique I was working on last weekend. I meant to do this earlier this week but I have been having the stampers version of tennis elbow so I have been off the computer and stamping for a few days. I stamped all day sunday and hardly slept sunday night because of it.
Sucks to be getting old doesnt it!!!
So I thought I saved the video on pinterest for this technique but couldnt find it. Have any of you ever watched any videos on U-tube from Frenchie Stamps? I think thats her name. She has great videos and that is where I found this.
You run a piece of wax paper and run it thru your favorite machine and emboss it with whatever embossing folder you want to use. It should be an embossing folder that the whole folder emboss's.
Not one that is maybe only a frame or a corner design. Then you sandwich it between two pieces of glossy cardstock and with the glossy sides facing in and put it between a sandwich of tinfoil and iron it. You will get two different designs because it will be the positive and negative images of your embossing folder. Then you brayer whatever color ink you want over the top and then rub it with a paper towel or cloth to get the ink off the wax. Its just doing a resist technique but its really fun.
I used the Decorative Dots and Woodgrain Embossing folders.
I used the Decorative Dots because I was hoping for a bubbly effect for water. I wanted to make a couple of masculine cards.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


I used Marina Mist ink for the dots and the woodgrain I used Tip Top Taupe and Crumb Cake. I liked the Crumb Cake the best. But I think it makes for a great masculine background.
Happy Stamping!
Stamper Gyrl!

No comments:

Post a Comment